I’ve been carrying the idea of this post around in my head for some time. I first got the idea from a style podcast. As far as I know none of these items were on it, but no matter how I searched for it, I couldn’t find the one I was looking for to share with you all. So much for giving credit, but at least my heart was in it! I plan on continuing this as more ideas come up, but this is a good start!
How about you reply with your wish list? Feel free to link back to this post (use this link, please) if you want to write it on your own blog.
Here are some of my wishes for Second LifeTMyoulegalisticmuppets.
- The ability to sort my inventory more effectively! I’d love to sort by permissions. I want to give things away, so seeing all my transferable items at once would be great! And it’d be wonderful to sort in the order an item was added to my inventory. Finding all the stuff I bought two days ago would be much easier.
- When attaching a HUD to a new point, I want it to still show up facing me, in my view, and able to be selected. When I attach some HUDs to new points, they’re not even on my screen or are twisted and I’m not sure how they should be turned.
- When creating a new landmark, have an optional notification pop up indicating if you have a duplicate in your inventory. I’m not sure how this would really work in malls where each store doesn’t get its own name… but hey, it’s an idea. Who likes landmark clutter?
- When using a landmark from a SLURLTMblahblah (e.g. a link on a blog), the landmark should not disappear until the teleport is completed or the user closes it. Often, my TPs fail, and then I’ve lost the landmark because the window closed before I made it to my destination.
- Also, when viewing an ‘About this landmark’ window (from a LM not in your inventory), show a button for ‘Add to inventory’ beside the ‘Teleport’ and ‘Show on Map’ buttons. I don’t want to have to visit a LM in order to make a LM to that location.
- When you ‘Replace Outfit’ I wish it wouldn’t replace the HUD attachments
- Get rid of the ‘Release Keys’ button!!!!!!11one
- When buying animations (especially for AOs), it would be good if the creator let you know at what priority the animations are set. Or, if there could be a way to find this out in the properties window, that would be even easier. So far, I haven’t learned a way to figure this out. The benefit would be for people to choose low-priority animations when using accessories like an umbrella or purse that require their own special body positions.
- After unpacking a box, move the box into the folder just created in inventory. I hate the objects folder being so bloated. I can’t tell what I’ve unpacked and what I haven’t. What about another icon for boxes never unpacked?
- I want to be able to copy a list of what I’m wearing or a list of any number of items from my inventory so it’s easy to paste names into notecards (e.g placing heaps of poses into an AO or pose stand) and a list of what I’m wearing into a blog post.